Archive

York Region District School Board approves balanced 2013-2014 budget

June 11, 2013   ·   0 Comments

The York Region District School Board approved a balanced 2013-2014 budget with a total of $1,2 billion.
“The 2013-2014 budget is aligned with the goals outlined in our board’s Multi-Year Plan,” said Anna DeBartolo, chair of the board of trustees. “It is focused on student achievement and well-being, the delivery of effective and sustainable educational programs and the effective stewardship of Board resources.”
“The budget, which was developed in consultation with York Region District School Board trustees, employees and system partners, was part of an extensive year-long process,” said trustee and budget committee chair Diane Giangrande.
“I appreciate the dedication and diligence of our board’s trustees, staff and partners who have enabled York Region District School Board to deliver another balanced budget that meets the needs of students in York Region,” said Ken Thurston, director of education.
Highlights of the 2013-2014 budget include:
• Increased allocation in the budget to support translation services.
• Additional funds to expedite psychological assessments for wait-listed students.
• Funding to support technology training for teachers.
York Region District School Board’s budget for 2013-2014 is $1,213,172,000, a decrease of 0.14 per cent from the approved  2012-2013 budget of $1,214,828,000.
The majority – 94.23 per cent – of the budget is allocated for classroom instruction and direct classroom and school operation related expenses, with the remaining 5.77 per cent allocated for governance, administration and student transportation.
Budget revenues are derived from grants from the Province of Ontario, which includes property taxes transferred from the municipalities, and miscellaneous revenues comprised of tuition fees for international students, rental revenues and other revenues, including interest revenue.

         

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusmail


Readers Comments (0)


You must be logged in to post a comment.

Page Reader Press Enter to Read Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Pause or Restart Reading Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Stop Reading Page Content Out Loud Screen Reader Support
Open